You love to surf, swim, go fishing, or do other water activities? Yes, We feel you, for sure, you don’t want to miss out on the precious moments under water but make sure you safeguard it with a waterproof case because Apple warns that seals against water resistance phones can weaken over time. This means that the iPhone XS is water-resistant, but not waterproof, so it's best not to expose iPhones to moisture. So if you want to go deep swimming with your iPhone XS, you need a case with IP68 where you can find it in Lifeproof Fre. Let’s have a look!
What is IP68?
When looking at the IP rating, the '6' and the '7' or '8' are two different numbers. Under solid protection, a rating of '6' means that the product is protected against harmful dust and other particulates. The first number refers to protection against solid matter, while the second number deals with liquid.
Under liquid protection, a rating of '8,' which is the highest available, means that the device is protected from immersion in water deeper than one meter for 30 minutes. The iPhone XS has an IP68 rating which is protected from both harmful dust and submersion in water up to two meters deep for 30 minutes.
Design & Features
Any case on a smartphone is better than no case at all. The main thing you need to be concerned is with the bezel elevation to prevent the phone from falling flat on the screen and taking a direct impact. Lifeproof Fre is ready for adventure with protection against drops, dirt, snow, and water.
The two-piece design has a built-in screen protector to guard against scratches to the brilliant display and seals the device from water, down to 6.6 feet (2 meters) deep, for up to an hour. Port covers keep dust and dirt out of the charging port and speakers.
- Armed with a subtle screen cover, FRĒ for iPhone XS keeps all the elements off your display for peak pixel protection
- Crafted for a form fit, FRĒ follows the clean lines of your iPhone XS and adds only a hint of extra weight
- All of the features and functions that you love about iPhone XS stay accessible inside FRĒ — from the facial recognition system to the powerful cameras
- The built-in screen cover
- Dimensions: 6.12" x 3.32" x 0.55" / 155.4 mm x 84.3 mm x 14.0 mm
- Weight: 1.44 oz / 41 g
- WATERPROOF - Submersible to 6.6 feet / 2 meters for 1 hour
- DIRTPROOF - Sealed from dirt + dust
- SNOWPROOF - Closed to snow + ice
- DROPPROOF - Survives drops from 6.6 feet / 2 meters
The iPhone XS is already IP68 water resistant and can survive 30 minutes of immersion at depths of two meters. This means that the new iPhones should survive if you spilled your drink on them, dropped them in the toilet, or even if you stood outside in a rainstorm. But other factors like chlorine or salt being dissolved in the water won't save your naked iPhone XS.
Once again, Apple warned us that seals against water resistance phones could weaken over time and you just spent A$1,000 more on the phone, so it’s better to get the A$79.95 case. One more thing, we love to send it to you for free if you’re living in Australia and you can wet yourself, Mate! Available for both iPhone XS and iPhone X.