All goods sold in Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
There are nine consumer guarantees that apply to goods you purchase:
- Acceptable quality.
- Fit for a particular purpose
- Match description
- Match the sample or demonstration model
- Express warranties will be honoured
- Spare parts and repair facilities will be available for a reasonable time after purchase
- Title to the goods
- Undisturbed possession of the goods
- No undisclosed securities on the goods
There may be circumstances where you are not entitled to a remedy.
For further information about the Australian Consumer Law and consumer guarantees, visit www.accc.gov.au